ORBERA Weight Loss Balloon
Gain the Edge. Lose the Weight. Get real results, without drastic surgery.
You’ve decided to lose the extra pounds. Nothing’s going to stop you. You just want an edge. The ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System gives you a comprehensive, non-surgical solution that fills your stomach and reinforces portion control while you work with a support team of experts to help you learn healthy habits.
Want to Learn More about ORBERA?
Or Call Us at 904-844-0360
What is the ORBERA intra-gastric balloon?
- Comprehensive program designed to provide effective, motivating results that you can see. With ORBERA™, patients on average lose 3.1 times* the weight they would with diet and exercise alone.
- You will meet an expert medical team specialized in weight loss.
- The soft balloon is placed in your stomach using endoscopy, without surgery or any incisions. Similar to endoscopy used to evaluate if someone has gastritis or ulcers. You go home within a few hours after the procedure.
- The ORBERA balloon takes up space in your stomach providing satiety. It also helps you eat smaller meals.
- During the 6 months, patients will receive coaching from a team of experts specialized in weight loss.
- The Balloon is removed in 6 months also without surgery or any incisions.
- FDA Approved for weight loss.
Michael Baptista, MD
Dr. Michael Baptista has had an extensive training in the field of weight loss. His focus goes beyond the bariatric procedure offered. He understands the struggles in losing weight, and the need to guide patients into better eating habits and life style. He has assisted thousands of patients in losing weight. He is an authorized provider of the ORBERA Intra-gastric Balloon.
You may request a consultation to see if ORBERA is right for you by contacting our offices at 904-844-0360. Ask about our available financing options.
More about ORBERA
The Procedure: Placement and removal
- Non-surgical procedure using endoscopy, similar to the one used to evaluate if someone has gastritis or ulcers. The thin and deflated ORBERA™ balloon is placed into the stomach. It is then filled with sterile saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day.
- At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed. Through a non-surgical procedure the balloon is deflated and then removed.
What to Expect
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment.
- On average patients lost 3.1 times* the weight loss of diet and exercise alone.
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results.
- To qualify for ORBERA™, you should: Be an adult with Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40 and be willing to participate in a medically supervised program.
- The specialized team of expert medical professionals will guide you throughout the entire process.
- Proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed, as you continue following the given recommendations.
- A more than 20 year history of helping thousands of people lose weight.
- More than 220,000 ORBERA™ balloons have been distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
- With the FDA approval of ORBERA™, patients now have a safe and effective treatment option.
*Results are not guaranteed and may differ from person to person.
Want to Learn More about ORBERA?
For More Information on Weight Loss Surgery.
For more information on bariatric surgery, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Baptista, please contact Florida Surgical Physicians today.